I am through with football. I have been watching games and going to high school and college games for a long time now. I
have seen hundreds if not thousands of plays, touchdowns, fumbles, and injuries. I am tired of football. It has nothing to do with whether my team(s) lost or not this weekend. I have ten reasons I am finished:
- The Public Address system was too loud at times and not loud enough at others.
- There were teenage girls dressed inappropriately.
- The referees made calls I disagreed with.
- The coaches used the same plays they did the last few games.
- The High School Principal did not welcome me or shake my hand.
- The band played songs I did not know or like.
- They play the same songs every week. How many times do I have to hear Rock and Roll Part II (The Hey Song)? Do they have to sing the alma mater at the end of every game?
- There were people there to socialize (gossip) and not watch the game — those hypocrites.
- I had to pay to get in, pay to get a snack, pay for a program — football is all about making money for the school not about guys playing ball anymore.
- Large crowds are bad on my nerves and raise my blood pressure too high.
THIS IS COMPLETELY SARCASTIC. I will see you at homecoming Friday at OHS and will catch college games on Saturday. Why do these excuses sound familiar? Why do we use them for quitting other things – like church? Why don’t they work for sports?