From a purely doctrinal and linguistic point of view, the church is those called out by God. The word translated church is a word describing a group of purposefully assembled people. But that is not the answer I wanted to share to today’s question.
What is the Church?
- The Bride of Christ – Eph 5:32
- The Household of God – 1 Tim 3:15
- The Body of Christ – Col 1:22-23
- The present Kingdom – Mat 16:18; Col 1:13
Yet, there is more to the concept of the church. The church is:
- People who belong to (are in) Christ.
- People who stand saved by Grace through Faith.
- Imperfect people trying to glorify a perfect God.
- Worshippers of the God of Salvation.
- Sinners Anonymous – well not so anonymous come to think of it.
- People who encourage each other and receive encouragement – Heb 3:13.
- People of Prayer
- People committed to Christ and His mission – Luk 19:10.
Are you in His Church?