I know, what preacher in his right mind would title a post this way, and why even make such a suggestion?! Well, I am not sure why a preacher in his right mind would do that. However, I will proceed with a list of why you should not go to church. And I refuse to include, “You can’t go to church because the church is you.” Wait, I just did.
Do not go to church:
- Because others expect you to (parents, spouses, elders, preacher).
- Because you like your Bible class teacher.
- To see how everyone is dressed.
- To sooth your conscience.
- To hear the latest gossip.
- Because you have the best preacher in town.
- To network for business.
- Because you think your church is better than the one across town.
- For an emotional high brought on by the song service, music, etc.
- For a better life.
The following are great reasons to assemble with fellow Christians at every opportunity:
- To encourage each other to live for God – Heb 10:24-25.
- To worship God, the true audience of our worship – Joh 4:24.
- To remember the sacrifice the Christ made for us – Act 20:7
- Because of God.
What would you add to either list?