Before you start. Before you do anything. Before you engage in any activity. Here are ten questions to ask – especially as a Christian:
- Will it conflict with my duty as a Christian?
- Is it questionable – at all?
- Could it influence others in a wrong way?
- Will it subject me to bad influences?
- Does it have the potential to damage my reputation as a Christian?
- Will it make me purer or better?
- Can it enhance may chances to convert others to Christ?
- Can I see the elders (deacons, preacher, or other Christian leaders) participating?
- Does God’s word condemn it outright>
- Could I invite Jesus to join me in this activity? Would I?
If I can answer these with a clear conscience knowing that what I am about to do is not displeasing to the Lord, then I can participate. Otherwise . . .
Oh, by the way, there is an eleventh question 11. Would I want to be doing this when the Lord returns?