At some point in each of our lives, we ask the question or at least think, “Who cares?”. Maybe we are going through a stressful time or we are facing seeming insurmountable difficulties at work. I suppose we ask that question when we or a loved one struggles with health issues. When I talk with people having problems in relationships they declare, “No one cares!”
The truth is that there are many who care. I can think of 5 individuals or groups that care about you.
- Your REAL friends care. Your real friends are those who may not know what to say or exactly what to do, but they care. Sometimes they step back and wait for you to ask for help because they do not want to intrude, but know that they care. As the Bill Wither’s song says, “For, no one can share those of your needs, that you won’t let show.” Remember “Better is a friend near by than a brother far away.”
- Your family cares. I readily admit that family dynamics differ depending on your family, but I honestly believe that deep down family truly cares. Brothers and sisters may appear to be emotionally impenetrable but beneath the veneer is a heart that cares. Jesus’ physical brothers (James and Jude) eventually came to see that He was the Messiah.
- Your Creator cares. God cares enough to give us a world to live in, that is just what we need and more. He cares enough to send rain and sun. He cares enough to provide for our eternal salvation. Which brings us to our next individual.
- Your Savior cares. Oh yes, He cares. Peter reminds us to “cast all our anxiety on Him because He cares for us.” He cared enough to sacrifice Himself for you so that you could become righteous in Him (Eph 5:22-33; 2 Cor 5:21).
- I care. I may not know you yet, but I learned to care and love from my God and Savior. I care about you and your well-being. I am not alone. Ask around, you will find there are a lot like me in the world we live in.