What a great morning to walk. Temp in the upper 40’s lower 50’s with the sun breaking through the morning clouds. Every one seemed in a good mood as they drove past, waving good morning, the birds were very happy and delighted me with song. Thank you God for a great day!
Now on to this morning’s Top Ten!
Top Ten Collected Christian Puns:
10. Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisers.
9. Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.
8. Quit griping about your church;if it was perfect, you couldn’t belong.
7. Some minds are like concrete thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
6. Why change churches; what difference does it make which one you stay home from?
5. God loves everyone, but probably prefers ‘fruit of the spirit’ over a ‘religious nut!’
4. He who angers you, controls you!
3. The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.
2. We don’t change the message,the message changes us.
1. Gospel Mathematics: 1 cross + 3 nails = 4given.
Take a look at number 2 again. How many times have you heard, or said, I know that the Bible says that but I think God will understand? I read an article nearly 20 years ago that had a very catchy title; “When the Text Demands Changing.” The author’s point was simple, many want to change what the Bible says to fit their preconceived ideas or their chosen lifestyle,
but we are not to change the text, but the text DEMANDS that we are the ones who change. Remember that the apostle Paul lists a number of sins including sexual sins and chemical dependence in 1 Cor 6:9-10 then in 1 Cor 6:11, “Such were some of you.” Those Christians in Corinth had overcome some major obstacles. They could sympathize with number 9 on our top ten list – Temptation
bangs on the door.
What was power did the Corinthians have that made their change possible. Simple – the good news of being washed and sanctified in Christ — 1 cross + 3 nails = 4given.