There is so much going on in our nation. There is so much wrong in our culture. Others are doing a much better job of warning of the criminal nature of late term abortions and the immorality of neglecting our own hurting while supporting the those illegally entering our country than I can do, I’ll let them speak. Terrorism is still a threat in our world. Venezuela is warning US citizens and diplomats to flee their country. A political standoff has partially shut-down the U.S. Government and some who protect our country are currently going without pay while still working. In my state, two law enforcement officers were recently killed in the line of duty, both had degrees from my alma mater. I want to do something about the world I live you. I know you do too! But, what can I do?
What can we do?
- Thank a law enforcement officer for the protection she provides. I can do my best to follow the law so as to make their job easier. When dealing with the police, follow their instructions for your safety and theirs.
- Support those who income is cut-off by the partial shut-down. Take them a meal, pay a bill for them, purchase supplies they need around the house.
- Find ways as a citizen of heaven to help those of our nation and of other countries who are looking for a better life. Sponsor an immigrant on the path to citizenship.
- Fight the drug culture that brings drugs across our borders. Help addicts break their addictions. Point them to treatments and programs that help them put their lives on a healthier track.
- Fight abortion by fostering, adopting, support foster programs, and adoption agencies, or support the parents who do foster and adopt. Encourage government to support these agencies with the same vigor that they seem to support abortion.
- Pray. Pray for those affected. Pray for those in leadership. Pray for our world. Pray for our nation. Pray for people to see the dangers of addiction and to find their way out. Pray for our culture to see the rights of the unborn. Pray that you and I will do our part to make this world the best we can. Pray for courage. Pray for strength. Pray!