Last night after a our evening assembly Amy and I met with our LIFE Group where we discussed the day’s lessons on Grace that sets us free. I love hearing what others have to say about the lessons I present. I often wish I would have had their insight in the development of the lessons.
Last night we discussed three questions:
- How would you describe God’s Grace to someone?
- Rom 6:17-18 says we are “servants / slaves of righteousness:” If we are slaves, how then are we free by Grace?
- How can we use our freedom to serve God and others (cf. Gal 5:13, 1Pe 2:16)
Here are some of the answers given:
- God’s Grace:
- Grace is a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, chance and so on.
- There is no “zero tolerance policy” in Christ
- Getting the best, when you deserve the worst.
- Slave yet Free:
- We all serve something or someone, self, sin, Satan, the world, or God. Only God make life truly to our benefit
- In serving Christ we are free from the worries that plague those oppressed by sin.
- Serving as the Free:
- Live out the Fruit of the Spirit in our daily lives and interactions with people.
- Be gracious in our treatments of others.
What are your answers?