Sometimes I fall into the habit of failing to appreciate the present. Sometimes I reflect too much time on the past when it was “the good ol’ days.” At other times I focus my attention to the future when things will be better, and I will have more to appreciate. I also regret the past and find myself anxious about the future.
I think you probably do too.
We need to learn to live one day at a time, to seize the day while it is today:
- There are opportunities to serve – TODAY.
- There are people to encourage – TODAY.
- There are blessings from God to enjoy – TODAY.
Forget about yesterday. Do not wait until tomorrow. Decide what type of person you want to be TODAY!
Everyday we live there are opportunities and blessings. Everyday we live is a day to enjoy. The Hebrew writer quotes the same phrase from Psalms three times in two chapters, “Today if you hear His voice . . .” In the middle of those quotes in Hebrew 3:13 he says, “But exhort one another everyday, as long as it is called, “today,” . . . “
- Take time to serve someone in some small or grand way – TODAY.
- Take time to show someone appreciation – TODAY.
- Take time to reflect on God’s blessings – TODAY.
What will you do with today?