When I was a teenager, back before cellphones. Back when only the wealthy had CD players in their cars. I would travel with my youth group to youth days and youth rallies at churches in South Alabama and Northwest Florida. One sermon title I remember was, “The Dirty Little ‘D’ Word” — the word – DUTY. I do not recall the points the speaker made, but I remember the major idea. As Christians we have a duty toward God and each other.
With that in mind, I thought I would share some scriptures about our duty to each other:
- Rom 14:19 – Edify / encourage / build each other up.
- Rom 15:14 – Admonish / instruct / reprove each other gently when the need arises
- Col 3:16 – Teach each other, even in song.
- Gal 5:13 – Serve / minister to each other’s needs
- Gal 6:1-2 – Bear / carry burdens for each other. Be there for each other.
- Eph 4:32 – Forgive each other
- Jas 5:16 – Pray for each other.
- Heb 10:24 – Provoke / stir up each other toward good works and love.
- John 15:12 – Love each other.