I keep seeing quizzes on Social Media that get you to answer a few questions and based on your answers will tell you things like:
- What 1980 power ballad was written for you?
- Which movie star is your doppelganger?
- When will (How will you) you die?
- Which cartoon character are you most like?
- Are you a sinner or a saint?
I did not create an interactive one on any of the quiz sites, but I have an old fashioned style one. Answer the following 9 questions with: “yes (y)”, “a few times (ft)”, or “no (n).” I will tell you how to score the test at the end.
How Good are You?
- Have you ever committed murder? y ft n
- Have you ever been drunk / high? y ft n
- Have you looked at pornographic material (magazines, online, or so-called soft porn in rated R movies)? y ft n
- Have you taken anything (gum included) with out paying for it? y ft n
- Did you ever cheat on a test in school? y ft n
- Have you ever broken a traffic law? y ft n
- Did you ever mistreat someone? y ft n
- Have you ever used opprobrious language? y ft n
- Have you ever lied? y ft n
For every “yes” (y) give yourself 0 points. For every “a few times” (ft) give yourself 1 point. For every “no” (n) give yourself 2 points.
Score Key: Anything less that 20 points and you are not good enough to make it to heaven on your own. I hear you saying, “There is only a total of 18 points available. No one can score 20 points!” You are correct. Not one of us can make it to heaven on our own goodness.
In the words of frustration from Paul, “Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?” (Rom 7:24).
We all need God’s grace through Christ’s blood (Eph 2:8-10). We all need the forgiveness that comes from God (Eph 1:7-10). We reach that blood though a faithful union with Christ’s death (Rom 6:3-6; Gal 3:26-27). Then Christ’s perfect score become our score as we live in Him and for Him, “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” (2 Cor 5:21).
If you would like more on how to become a Christian just ask.