There are positive things that come from movies and books about the end times. Although
there are misunderstandings of the end of time in many of these works of fiction, there are some Biblical teachings present that we can learn from.
- Belief in God. These stories compel you to believe in God. There is a direct appeal for people to have a dependent faith in God. As Christians we have the responsibility to develop personal faith in God and to challenge our society with God (Matt 28:18-20).
- Bible Knowledge. Stories like Left Behind insist that everything we need to know is in God’s word. Although God has not told us all we want to know, His Word tells us everything we need to know to serve Him faithfully. Of course with any presentation about God’s Word, we need to compare what is taught with the scriptures (Acts 17:11).
- Repentance. A story line about the end of time will call for repentance of those who do not have active faith. In contrast to Left Behind, there will not be time after Christ’s return to repent. The time to change is now this side of eternity (Heb 3:7-13).
- Prayer. These stories promote belief in prayer and dependence on God. We need constant reminders of our constant need to be in contact with out heavenly Father.
- The End of Time. The overall message of the Left Behind series compels the audience to consider the end of time. Although the events that happen in Left Behind are not consistent with what Scripture teaches, there is a message to consider the Lord’s return. There is a heaven and hell, we need to consider the reality of the end and ask ourselves, “Am I ready for Jesus to come again?”
There is a great day coming! Are you ready for that day to come?