I can honestly say, that I deeply appreciate my parents. I know there were times when I did not know how much I appreciated them and would have denied any appreciation (I was a child / teenager after-all). Yet even during those times, I did appreciate them. One of the things I appreciate most are the lessons (expectations) they taught (set for) us. Below is a list of ten that I am trying to pass to the next generation (Melissa, Melanie, Andrew, Alexandra, and Victoria – pay attention):
- Love your spouse unconditionally, remove the word “divorce” form your marriage
vocabulary. Kiss every day – many times a day.
- Respect your parents. Even when you have children of your own.
- Help around the house. I am the middle of three boys, we all learned to cook, clean, wash clothes, etc.
- Education is important. Stay in school and do your best.
- Yard work will not kill you. Neither will a part-time job.
- Enjoy life – laugh.
- Laugh at yourself.
- If you can dish it out, you had better be able to take it.
- Practice what you preach.
- Love GOD above all and most of all!
Now keep the lessons going. Pass them on to the next generation and the one after that.