Today you get a glimpse, just a few moments – 10 to be precise – of a happy marriage. These are moments you can recreate in your marriage that, if you put into practice daily, will help your relationship grow exponentially.
- Start the day praying for your marriage.
- Say, “Good morning (insert affectionate term here), I love you.”
- Be affectionate: i.e. hold hands, hug, kiss (Kiss AFTER you brush away morning breath. Nothing can kill a morning like morning breath).
- Embrace and kiss before you leave for work.
- If job(s) allow call each other a couple of times or text a few “I love you”s all along. Amy and I have a “secret short code” we can add to text, that we each know means “I love you”.
- Kiss and embrace when you get home. Growing up, we were not allowed to bombard Dad with all of our news, homework, etc. until after Mom welcomed him home with a kiss. One we would “eww-gross” and try to break apart.
- Work on household chores together – including meal preparation.
- Sit on couch together while you read or watch TV.
- If children are small get them ready for bed – together.
- End the day with quiet time (quality time) together.
BTW – somewhere between #6-8 take time to discuss your day at work or with the children.