Today is Tuesday and a post on Parenting.
“A child is a person who is going to carry on what you have started. He is going to sit where you are sitting, and when you are gone, attend to those things which you think are important. You may adopt all the policies you please, but how they are carried out depends on him. He will assume control of your cities, states, and nations. He is going to move in and take over your churches, schools, universities, and corporations. All your books are going to be judged, praised, or condemned him. The fate of humanity is in his hands.” – Abraham Lincoln
Wow! Lincoln had a knack for saying a whole lot in just a few words. Using Lincoln’s wisdom above here are a few questions for you to answer:
- What have you started that you want your children to carry on?
- What have you started that you DO NOT want your children to carry on?
- What habits or actions of yours do you wish they would NOT adopt?
- How are we training our children to lead the next generation of:
- the World
- our Nation
- your State, County, Parish, and town
- your Family
- the CHURCH?
“The fate of humanity is in his hands.” We bear a great responsibility to teach them well!