OK. The title is obvious. Parents who teach — I am not talking about parents who homeschool. Nor am I talking about parents who work in the field of education whether public or private. This is really about ALL parents. What do we teach our children?
- Do we teach them to love unconditionally?
- Do we teach them to listen attentively?
- Do we teach them to treat others respectfully?
- Do we teach them to respect authority?
- Do we teach them to put their spouse first before all other human relationships?
- Do we teach them the value of delayed gratification?
- Do we teach them a strong work ethic?
- Do we teach them to love God above everyone and everything else?
Remember, “Children are educated by what the grown-up is and not by his talk.” – Carl Jung (Founder of Analytical Psychology). What we teach them is more that what we tell them, they learn from what they see us do.