Church signs can be quite educational, sometimes helpful, sometimes funny, and sometimes misleading. Here are a few I collected over the last few years.
1. Free trip to heaven, Details inside!
2. Searching for a new look? Have your Faith lifted here.
3. Come in and pray today? Beat the Christmas rush.
4. Fight truth decay — study the Bible daily.
5. Dusty Bibles lead to dirty lives.
6. Directions to heaven, Turn right. Go Straight. (I decided to follow these directions and ended up at a cemetery.)
7. It is unlikely that there will be a reduction in the wages of sin.
8. Forbidden fruit creates many jams.
9. In the dark? Follow the Son.
10. If you cannot sleep, don’t count sheep; talk to the Shepherd.
And one for good measure . . . 11. Have trouble sleeping? We have sermons — come hear one! (I think one of the deacons where I previously served put that one up while I was there . . .)
What signs do you remember? What is your favorite?