Here are some basic rules that I have to govern my life.
10. I try to never say anything without someone present that would embarrass me to say in his presence.
9. I refuse to react in defense to personal critics. Friends do not need to hear the defense and enemies would not believe it.
8. I make an effort to smile at everyone I see, especially if they look as if they need a smile.
7. Each morning I at least make a mental note of the things I need to do that day, and try to go beyond my list.
6. I read from the Bible and another good book each day. The second book may be religious, factual, or fiction in genre. Feeding the mind is as important as feeding the belly.
5. I pay my debts on time (if not ahead of schedule) and set back money in savings and for “retirement” each month.
4. I do my best to live in peace with all people. I try to be quick in offering and giving forgiveness. I refuse to allow grudges to rule my life. My goal is to put a quick end to the inflicts that arise in my life.
3. I am a “glass half-full” person. Each day is a great day because of my family and especially because of God.
2. I try to live and end each day as if today is the final chapter of my life on earth. I try to cast all my anxieties on Him, knowing He cares for me.
1. I count my blessings instead of sheep, thank God for each of them. This make sleep come quickly and my rest is truly pleasant.