The psalmist records:
“Praise the LORD, all nations! Extol him, all peoples! For great is his steadfast love (merciful kindness – nkjv) toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!” (Psa 117:1-2 ESV)
In this short psalm we find nine (9) descriptions of God.
- God is worthy of Praise
- God is Sovereign (has the right to be Lord)
- God is Impartial (all nations / people)
- God is Merciful
- God is Kind
- God is Great (in mercy, kindness, love, power)
- God is Trustworthy (faithful, full of integrity)
- God is Condescending (He acts toward us – the Greater Being for the lesser)
- God is Eternal (endures forever).
Praise the Lord!