We all have conflicts. They start in infancy and continue throughout adulthood. Conflict is neither positive or negative, it simply is. The key to positive conflict is learning how to deal with conflict and resolve conflict when such arises. I want to share six steps from Jesus’ teachings in Matthew 5:23-24 and 18:15-17 on resolving conflict. Read those two passages then look at these six steps.
- You recognize that a conflict exists.
- You GO.
- YOU go to the other person.
- You go to them in PRIVATE.
- You BOTH discuss the issue.
- Discuss the issue for the purpose of RECONCILIATION.
How do you handle conflict?