Last night, David Courington began a month-long series of lessons that our leaders hope will help our congregation to better sing with understanding and with the Spirit. Here are some important lessons I think every congregation of God’s people need to hear.
- 1. Singing can improve with 1) Good Coaching, 2) Good Examples, and 3) the 3 “P’s” — Practice, Practice, and Practice.
- Good singers are taught, not born!
- Ten Suggestions to IMMEDIATELY Improve Congregational Singing:
- Remember Your Audience – Eph 5:19 – is God.
- Remember Your Neighbor – Col 3:16.
- Sit up.
- Hold your head up.
- Look up at the leader.
- Start with the leader.
- Sing out.
- Keep up with leader.
- Speak up – enunciate. Don’t be lazy with your speech.
- Hold your note and volume – don’t trail off at the end of phrases, verses, or songs.
Come join us each Tuesday in February at 6:00 for these lessons.