My older brother is found of this mantra, “It just doesn’t matter.” To some extent he is correct. There are a good many things that really do not matter. Many topics that occupy our time and conversation at the proverbial “water cooler” just don’t matter that much. I am not sure what conversations you had yesterday but some of them did not matter.
Does it really matter:
- What was on TV Monday night?
- Who won the CFB in January 2019? \
- ho is in the running for what award?
- What the latest gossip is about “a-list” celebrities’?
- If you use, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, or Verizon?
- Who will be in the World Series? 7) Who is on your fantasy league team?
Then there are topic of great importance. Topics of a spiritual nature like the following:
- What is your heart’s treasure?
- When did you last talk to your Father in heaven in prayer?
- Did you feed on the Bread of Life (God’s Word) today?
- What steps did you make in becoming more Christ-like this week?
- Talking about God’s Good News.
These things really do matter.
One thought on “What Does it Matter?!?”
Sadly, I had adopted that phrase from “The Caddy Shack”. It isn’t a prime example of a wholesome movie. But, I loved the locker room pep talk that left everyone shouting, as if it was encouraging them on to victory, “It just doesn’t matter, it just doesn’t matter, it just doesn’t matter!!!”
Thanks for the reminder of what does matter.