My older brother is found of this mantra, “It just doesn’t matter.” To some extent he is correct. There are a good many things that really do not matter. Many topics that occupy our time and conversation at the proverbial “water cooler” just don’t matter that much. I am not sure what conversations you had yesterday but some of them did not matter.
Does it really matter:
- What was on TV Monday night?
- Who won the CFB in January 2019? \
- ho is in the running for what award?
- What the latest gossip is about “a-list” celebrities’?
- If you use, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, or Verizon?
- Who will be in the World Series? 7) Who is on your fantasy league team?
Then there are topic of great importance. Topics of a spiritual nature like the following:
- What is your heart’s treasure?
- When did you last talk to your Father in heaven in prayer?
- Did you feed on the Bread of Life (God’s Word) today?
- What steps did you make in becoming more Christ-like this week?
- Talking about God’s Good News.
These things really do matter.