We live in unstable times. We live in a time when Christianity as a whole represents a minority of the people in the world. Adherents.com estimates that only 30% of the worlds population is Christian. Some of those are in name only. We must take a stand and stand fast and strong often in opposition to the world around us.
- We must stand fast that Christ is the only way to God; not Muhammed, or Buddha, or our ancestors, or Hindu gods, or science. Jesus is THE Way, Truth, and Life. – John 14:6
- We must stand strong that marriage is for life. That living together outside of marriage is not God’s plan. That polygamy is not God’s plan. That open divorce and multiple marriages are not God’s plan. That same-gender marriage is not God’s plan. – Matthew 19:3-12
- We must stand against racism. All people are God’s creation and all can be His children through faith – Gal 3:26-29
- We must stand against abortion, gambling, drug and alcohol abuse, immodesty, idolatry, human trafficking, and other things that destroy people’s lives.
- We must take up the towel of service and find ways to help those caught up in Satan’s traps.
Peter reminds us that when we do, we should ” . . . not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.” (1 Peter 4:12-16)
Gather, your strength and stand fast.
- Stand Fast by making God your Refuge – Psa 18:1-3
- Stand Fast by diligently pursuing faithfulness – Heb 12:1-3
- Stand Fast by focusing on your future with God – Phil 3:12-15
- Stand Fast by remembering God’s word to Joshua, “Only be strong and have courage.” (Josh 1:6)