All of God’s Word has value. Through His revealed Word God gives us what we need to know pertaining to life and godliness in living faithful to Him through His Son. With that understanding, clearly stated, I want to share with you ten verses I think are important for you to read and understand. These are ten verses that remind me of my relationship and dependency upon God.
- Hebrews 9:27 – “And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.”
- Romans 3:23 – “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- John 3:16-17 – “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.”
- Acts 2:42 – “And they devoted themselves to the apostles ‘ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.”
- 2 Corinthians 13:5 – “Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless you fail to meet the test.”
- Galatians 6:9 – “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not give up”
- Ephesians 4:15 – “but, speaking the truth in love, are to grow up in every way into Him who is the head into Christ”
- Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me,”
- James 1:27 – “…to keep oneself unstained from the world,”
- 2 Peter 3:11 – “ . . . what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness”
I adapted this from a sermon outline Levi Sides shared with me. I preached this on a Sunday night recently. our Sunday evening are an abbreviated assembly to give us opportunity to fellowship with each other after worship. If you want to listen to this lesson the audio file is HERE.