Over the last few weeks I have tried to write about prayer each Tuesday. Today, I though I would simple share six (6) simple truths about praying:
- Praying is a renunciation of our self. We are saying to God, “I am depending on You and not me.”
- Prayer is accepting Jesus as our representative – Hebrews 4:14-16. He is our High Priest. One that understands our weaknesses and pleads with the Father on our behalf.
- Prayer flows from our relationship with Christ – Galatians 3:26-27. As an heir with Christ and as a Child of God, we have the privilege of talking to the Father.
- Prayer is honoring God – John 14:13-14; 15:7. We asked what we desire, knowing that God is to receive glory.
- Prayer is part of God’s will for our lives – 1 John 5:14-15. The Father longs to hear from His own and to answer our needs and desires with what is for our best.
- Prayer is expectation. If the request is wrong for us, we expect God to say, “No.” If the timing is wrong, we expect God’s answer to be “Slow.” If we are wrong, we expect God to answer, “Grow.” And if the request, timing, and our lives are right, we expect God to say, “Go!”