Prayer! Prayer is so much more than saying a few words with our heads bowed and hands folded. Prayer involves our entire concept of God. Prayer connects deeply to our faith. Our life as a child of God is to be a life of prayer.
- Prayer is not simply an emergency line to God, although He wants to hear and help our urgent needs.
- Prayer is not negotiation with God. We should ask for supplication, but we need not barter with God.
- Prayer is not a miracle nor does prayer require/expect God to answer with a miracle. Providence – yes! Miraculously setting aside the laws of nature – no.
- Prayer is not for show. Prayer is not meant to impress others with our piety. Prayer is more of an exercise of humility seeking aid from the Creator of all.
- Prayer is not resigning our fate to the whims of a narcissistic god. Prayer is not giving up or giving in.
Prayer is so much more.
Take time to talk with God today – right now. I know that the Father longs to hear from His children; the Creator wants to hear from his creation.