This morning on the way to the study, Lisa Mason on Birmingham’s 106.9 FM had the following “nearly impossible trivia:” –
The average person does this 15 to 20 times a month. Most answers varied between eating out and washing hair. The correct answer was . . . drum roll please . . . quote lines from movies.
I started thinking. Do I know more movie lines than I do Bible passages? As a preacher, I hope the answer is, “No.” But I do quote movies, especially “The Princess Bride” a lot. So I want to give you a test. There are twenty fill-in-the-blank questions. The odd ones are from movies and the even ones are Bible verses. Which do you know best? Don’t cheat on either one – no Googling, no Bibles or Bible apps. Use your memory. Bonus point if you know the book, chapter and verse.
- “I’m going to make him an _______________ he can’t refuse.”
- “In the ________________ God created the heavens and the earth.”
- “Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in _________________ anymore.”
- “You shall have no other _____________ before Me.”
- “Go ahead, make my ________________.”
- ” . . . _______________ this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
- “E.T. ________________ home.”
- “The Lord is my ________________; I shall not want.”
- “Round up all the usual _____________________.”
- “_____________ God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.”
- “You’re gonna need a _________________ boat.”
- “My people are ______________ for a lack of knowledge.”
- “Houston, we have a ____________________.”
- “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who _________ the will of my Father who is in heaven.”
- Stricker: “Surely you can’t be serious.” Rumack: “I am serious and don’t call me _______________”
- “But seek __________ the kingdom of God and his righteousness . . .”
- “I feel the need, the need for _________________”
- “For in Christ we are all children of God by _______. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.”
- “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, ______________ to die.”
- “If we have died with him; we will also ____________ with him;”
So, how did you do?