From deep in the files comes this type writer copy of a poem of unknown origin (I did make some updates for inflation and current culture):
- Funny how twenty dollars looks so big when we take it to church; But so small when we take it to the store
- Funny how long a 60 minutes is when we are at worship; But how short when watching a game, on the computer, or out with friends.
- Funny how laborious it is to read a chapter in the Bible; But how easy it is to read 200 pages of a best selling novel.
- Funny how we cannot think of anything to say when we pray; But do not have any difficulty gossiping about others.
- Funny how we believe everything on social media; But question God’s Word, the Bible.
- Funny how we thrill at overtime at a football or basketball game; But complain when worship extends a few minutes.
- Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks to fit a church event into our schedule; But have no problem adjusting for other social events at the last minute.
- Funny how people scramble to get a front row seat at a concert; But scramble for the back row in worship.
- Funny, isn’t it? Or is it really funny at all?