This weekend Central is hosting an event we are calling Marriage Matters Weekend. We are looking forward to Dr. Danny Camp
being with us Friday night and Saturday morning. Our prayer is that our marriages will strengthen as a result of what we learn.
As I was thinking about this weekend, I looked through some older posts on Marriage and came across this one in the archives: One Day in a Happy Marriage.
Today you get a glimpse, just a few moments – 10 to be precise – of a happy marriage. These are moments you can recreate in your marriage that, if you put into practice daily, will help your relationship grow exponentially.
- Start the day praying for your marriage.
- Say, “Good morning (insert affectionate term here), I love you.”
- Be affectionate: i.e. hold hands, hug, kiss (Kiss AFTER you brush away morning breath. Nothing can kill a morning like morning breath).
- Embrace and kiss before you leave for work.
- If job(s) allow call each other a couple of times or text a few “I love you”s all along.
- Kiss and embrace when you get home. Growing up, we were not allowed to bombard Dad with all of our news, homework, etc. until after Mom welcomed him home with a kiss. One we would “eww-gross” and try to break apart.
- Work on household chores together – including meal preparation.
- Sit on couch together while you read or watch TV.
- If children are small get them ready for bed – together.
- End the day with quiet time (quality time) together.