No not the movie, I still have nightmares. I am speaking of the others, as in, those around you. Think about the other people you contact, connect with, and cross paths with each day. Think especially about your brothers and sisters in Christ.
The more I study God’s Word and reflect on His message, I become more and more convinced that being a Christians means that I am “Other Person Centered.”
There are some negatives associated with this focus. There are things we are to NOT do to each other. I will share those today and the next blog with look at some of the things awe are supposed to do for the others.
- Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. (Romans 14:13)
- But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another. (Galatians 5:15)
- Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices (Colossians 3:9
- Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. (James 4:11)
- Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door. (James 5:9)
These are the negatives, but there are WAY more positives . . . but that is tomorrow.