If you are like me and everyone I know, you find yourself adopting some bad habits. You struggle to do what you know is right and find yourself doing things that waste your time while keeping you from investing in the work of God. Paul, that renowned apostle, understands your struggle. Notice his words, “For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” (Rom 7:15).
I have some advice for you. Those thing you know are wrong, those excuses you make for not doing what is right. STOP IT! Quit now! For example:
- Stop blaming others for your decision not to be a Christian.
- Stop using the hypocrisy of others as an excuse for your lack of commitment.
- Stop listening to Satan’s lies.
- Stop refusing to live in God’s Grace.
- Stop putting your wants (yourself) above God.
- Stop focusing on the world and start focusing on God.
As motivation consider the advice of Bob Newhart in this “therapy” skit.