This week we are fortunate to be sitting at the feet of a great speaker and student of God. Sammy Jones of Freed-Hardeman University is presenting a series of lessons at Parrish Church of Christ that deal with the overall theme of Christianity 24/7. WOW! The lessons are practical and hit me right where I need them too.
Sunday he spoke on Being a Christian in the Home. He began with some disturbing facts:
- 37% of all are headed by single parents (this morning on the local news they reported that number as 45%).
- 50% of all babies born are born outside of marriage.
- 1.1 million marriages end in divorce each year.
- 2 million young people (younger than 18) run away from home each year.
After opening our eyes to the plight of the home, Dr. Jones shared these Five (5)
Aspects of a Christian Home:
- Family member must commit to sacrifice for each other and the family.
- We must take time to appreciate each other in the family.
- Build relationships of trust within the family.
- Develop a sense of God in yourself and teach that to your children.
- Learn to forgive!
There is a great bit to consider in what he shares! Take time now to pray for your family and reflect on how you can be a better influence within the family.