Col 3:16, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”
Eph 5:19, “addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart,”
What we sing says much about what we believe. What we sing teaches, encourages , and motivates those around us as we assemble in worship (Heb 10:14-15).
What follows are twenty-five songs that we sing that mean so much to me and put me in a great frame of mind as I focus on God. I limited myself to twenty-five, I have a list of nearly 200. Please feel free to share some songs of worship and praise that are important to your focus.
- Hallelujah, Praise Jehovah.
- How Great is our God.
- I Sing the Mighty Power of God.
- Hear Me When I Call.
- Glorify Thy Name.
- Lamb of God.
- Wonderful Story of Love.
- You are the Words and the Music.
- Worthy art Thou.
- You are Exalted, Lord, Above All Else.
- We Place You on the Highest Place.
- Lord, I Want to Love You More.
- Wonderful Merciful Savior.
- All the Way My Savior Leads Me.
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.
- And Can it Be.
- Come Share the Lord.
- My God and I.
- Peace, Perfect Peace.
- It Is Well With My Soul.
- Nearer, Still Nearer.
- Purer in Heart O God.
- My Jesus, I Love Thee.
- There’s a Fountain Free.