Two recent events claimed my attention and are challenging my focus. One of these events was family movie night at home. We use Netflix to stream videos into our home and have one DVD at the house at a time. Last week we watched a movie that many of our friends in the community, at Parrish Church of Christ, and some of Andrew’s friends recommended. That movie is Courageous. It is a good movie, if you get the opportunity take the time to view it. The second event was Men’s Day at the Winfield Church of Christ. Jimmy Clark spoke to over 250 men about the home and being good husbands. Much of what the movie Courageous covers was also in the material Jimmy Clark presented.
Here are some thoughts from those two events that we men need to take into consideration:
- Have your own faith as long as it The Faith.
- Fathers are responsible for the spiritual growth of their family.
- There is only one perfect spouse, Christ the husband of the church, and his bride is not yet perfect.
- If you are married, you are in a mixed marriage. You and your spouse are different in many ways.
- You can have a proper parents and problem children, just as you can have terrific children from troubled homes.
- My wife married a sinner and so did I.
- Does God want me to be happy or does He want me to be Holy?
- Two important questions to ask self and others when facing marital struggles: 1) Do you want to do the right thing? 2) Do you believe the what the Bible says is the right thing to do?
- Be strong and courageous to do God’s commands.
- Prov 3:33; Rom 1:17; Rom 10:17 “God blesses the dwelling of the one who walks by the Faith born of the Word of God.”
Men, what are you waiting for? Pick up the gauntlet and rise to the challenge to be a man of God!