Yesterday on the way home from a funeral of a wonderful Christian mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, aunt, servant, and friend, I passed by a marquee sign near a church of some variety. The message said, “As a Christians we are the influence of Christ in the world.” My first thought was, “Amen!” My next thought was how the sweet lady whose funeral I attended was in all appearances a wonderful influence to those around her. Then this thought crossed my mind, “What if I am not living as Christ would have me live?”
The truth is that how I live tells the world about Christ and His Church. The sad truth is that if I am sour, angry, harsh, or condemning in my attitude, then the world thinks that is what Christianity is about. If I am a poor employee my work ethic sheds a poor light – no cast a dark shadow over Christianity. Living as a Christian, I must always remember who I am.
- I am a child of God – 1 John 3:1-2
- I am a servant to the Lord of lords – Romans 6:17-18
- I am a light to a dark world – Matthew 5:14-16, Philippians 2:15
- I am an ambassador of God’s grace – 2 Corinthians 5:20
- I am a citizen of heaven – Philippians 3:20
I should live these truths.